Thursday, October 6, 2011

Exploding a Moment


Imploded version:
4) I waited outside her office for a while before she called me in. I couldn't figure out why she wanted to see me.

Exploded version:
I remained stationary with my legs straightened, with butterflies within me. I was unable to find a logical reason for why she called for me. It could not be a promotion, stocks were going down. But it could not possible be a retrenchment, after all my contributions. I stared at the wooden door, focusing on a single wooden grain, trying to calm myself down. Hearing paper rustling from the office door, an icy cold feeling started spreading over my sweaty palms, my heart began to palpate, my head was getting heavy, the world seemed to spin and goosebumps ran up and down my spine, literally going crazy. I paced up and down, occasionally stumbling a bit. I heard the voice,”Come in!”. My heart skipped a beat. It was hard to breathe, I felt as if my lungs were crushed by a giant thousand pound press. I gulped. Then clenched my fist, ready to knock on the door and expect the worst…

By: Christopher, Victor, Rayner, Jun Wei
S2-09

No comments:

Post a Comment