Friday, July 1, 2011

Extensive Reading Question (Chap 1) - Cherin


What are your thoughts and feelings about being depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different from your peers, and having to put up a front? How do/would you deal with some of these issues.

I personally think that all these issues mentioned are due to a fear of something, whether it is to fit in, hide something or just something else. 

I have this opinion on the word fear:
False
Evidence
Appearing 
Real

The thing is, we have no idea if it will happen. We fear for nothing (generally speaking). We just believe it will happen. How are we supposed to know it will really happen?
Long before I realized this, I was someone who was worrying a lot. I just wonder, why am I like this? Why must this happen to me? 

That left me sleepless nights at times. Crying myself to sleep, tossing and turning, feeling mad, those things have happened to me. At primary school, some people didn't accept me for who I was, gave bad comments about me, didn't even care about me. I was hurt emotionally, but I told no one till today (seriously), for the sole reason that I doubt anyone understood. Yes I admit that I have put up a front before, but eventually it didn't work out.  How exactly I am today is because I had little nuggets of hope, care from teachers who have been supportive of me, classmates and schoolmates who have indirectly assured me that I am fine. Somehow, I just knew that there was hope, only if I haven't had such a negative mindset. 

The revelation I got was this: the fault and solution of these problems is in your head. Words don't matter to you unless its stuck to your head. (or even you thinking about it)

Special Notes:
All this is true.
Everyone has their own perspective. Forgive me if any of these things offend you.


-Cherin

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you put the word "FEAR" into a acronym.
    Something you can improve is to add more information in the body of the essay. You may also want to include an solution to these depression problems and how you overcome those problems.
    Your own life example is a good way to share your feelings and experience and how you dealt with them.
    You can also improve on the essay by adding more reasonings and more information on the topic.
    - Johanan.

    ReplyDelete